Friday, October 7, 2011

Am I a good owner?

I realized why I was so down recently. And that was because I realized I wasn't a good owner to Rico.

You know, when I was young, I thought keeping a dog meant loving it and it would just love you back like that.

But no, it meant so much more. After what I see from the other owners, they seem to all bring their dogs out to special places almost every week, while Rico is always stuck at home with me, keeping me company in some old dingy room while I study

Other dogs have so much fun while he's always at home because of one out of these three reasons 1. I don't have the transport 2. I don't have the money 3. I don't have the time

Other dogs have companions at home but Rico only has himself and he's always waiting for me to play tug with him, but I end up making him disappointed because I have to study for the exams.

And I always see dog owners competing in competitions with their dog and says they are both happy. Maybe that's what makes them happy- winning. But too bad I can't do that either, because I can't enter Rico into any contests.

I don't have anything to give him, yet he was always there for me.

I think I'm such an incompetent owner- Rico deserves a lot better than some lousy teen like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a treat! Rico loves treats and would like to thank you for leaving one!